Monday, October 17, 2005

Now what have I done?

So, now that I'm doing the "congrats" posts and so forth, I have to sort out how far back I want to go to post results. I want all of us to know how those in the family are doing, but do I go back to the beginning of the season and post Stephen Riner's win at the Omploop Crit? What about Noah's? If so, do I list Scottie, Les and Andrew's top ten finishes at that race?

What about the next day at Green Valley Grand Prix? Chris Powers, Les Stark, Graeme Mardon and Nathan Belz all finished in the top ten there.

And we're still just talking about the first weekend of Texas Cup road racing in 2005!

And then there is all of the TMBRA stuff from the Spring, and we were lighting up the scoreboard there too. Mike Bohn finishing 3rd in the Experts at Mas o Menos. Daryl Roberts finishing 8th in the Open race, and...

Jeesh, and what about track?! We didn't have anyone racing at opening night at Alkek, but on opening night at the Superdrome, we had wins (omnium) from David Foote and Noah. We had Paul Sollenberger 4th , Kyle Russell 2nd, me 1st, and...well, we didn't have anyone else racing, so that's not too shabby.

Of course, there are a bunch more races between then and the stuff that's happened in October. I don't want to offend anyone or hurt any feelings if I leave something off. But I also have to get to work on these off-season plans and put together the strength training plans now that folks are getting to the first strength test.

A couple of years ago I had a website up, and on that site was a results page. That was work! Why? Because y'all keep tearing it up at the races. I got to where I had to budget a couple hours every Monday or Tuesday to update the results.

These are good problems to have. Y'all keep up the good work! Remember, you tell me where you want to go, and I'll give you a map and directions. It is still up to you to do the hard part.

But when we light up that scoreboard, it is obvious that the effort is worth it, eh?